What You Can Expect
ECE are delighted to offer a unique science programme for students, one that combines exploration of the iconic cities of London, Paris and Geneva and their world famous attractions, with the chance to go behind the scenes of some of Europe's most exciting scientific centres.
Visit leading scientific research and academic institutions, be an Astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center and spend a day at the World's largest particle physics laboratory, CERN near Geneva exploring the mysteries of the universe with particle accelerators and detectors. Successful completion of the programme is rewarded by a Certificate of Achievement, but more than this are the insights and memories that you will take with you from this exciting, once in a lifetime programme, full of Enriching Cultural Experiences.
ECE is proud to organise The London International Youth Science Forum, since 1959 LIYSF is and annual two week residential event held at Imperial College London, with lectures and demonstrations from leading scientists, visits to industrial sites, research centres, scientific institutions and organisations, including world class laboratories and universities.
Unique ECE Moments
- Hear directly from a scientist in a dedicated lecture
- Explore the world's biggest particle physics laboratory – CERN
- See behind the scenes at some of Europe's most fascinating and prestigious scientific laboratories and institutions
- Participate in "hands-on" scientific workshops
- Become an Astronaut for the day! Take part in space training activities
- Become a Marine Biologist for the day
All of our programmes contain
- At least one of our "Unique ECE Moments"
- Cultural immersion including school visits with like-minded students, giving your group the opportunity to learn through travel and interaction
- High Quality Accommodation in hotels, hostels and home stays
- Experienced, bilingual programme manager
- Daily Meal Plan
- Private air conditioned coaches
- 24 hour emergency hotline and support from your programme manager
- 400 of the world's leading young scientists aged 17-21 years old from over 60 participating countries
- Two-week residential event based at Imperial College London with lectures and demonstrations from leading scientists
- Visits to industrial sites, research centres, scientific institutions, world class laboratories and universities
- Explore the mysteries of the universe and find out about the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter at CERN.
- Spend a day at the Euro Space Center, taking part in actual astronaut training activities and a simulated moon walk!
- Take part in a Forensic Science workshop a "hands-on" Science half day workshop.
* Please note that CERN kindly provide this visit free of charge.
Marine Adventure Paris – London
- Become a Marine Scientist for the day. Become part of the crew as you research live creatures in the on-board wet lab
- Delve into the depths of aris and explore the world's largest sewers
- Hike to the Needles on the Isle of Wight and leave your positive mark on the island with a conservation project