European Discovery Programmes
What You Can Expect
Our European Discover programmes encompass all that is innovative, enriching and exciting in the UK, Ireland and Mainland Europe.
Admire England's grand architecture, art and traditions, discover natural wonders in Wales, meet a real life Scottish clansman or cross the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge in Northern Ireland. Immerse yourself in the exciting diversity of culture in mainland Europe, sample traditional dishes and follow the fairytales and legends of stories untold.
Wherever you decide to explore, an ECE European Discovery programme offers a memorable way to discover Europe and learn about its cultures, people and places.
Unique ECE Moments
- Immerse yourself in a different culture with our European Homestay options staying with a local family.
- Authentic Meals – food is an important part of the culture so we make sure you experience it in all its glory!
- Take part in food workshops preparing local dishes and delicacies – Soda Bread in Ireland, making croissants in Paris, Chocolate Making in Belgium
- Cultural connections through community projects – Support the local community with inimitable project which will benefit not just the locals but other visitors for many years to come
- Participation in traditional cultural activities such as Ceili, tin whistle lesson, a taste of Irish or Welsh language lessons.
- Team building activities. Challenge yourself physically and mentally whilst forming a strong bond with your team mates.
All of our programmes contain
- At least one of our "Unique ECE Moments"
- Cultural immersion including school visits with like-minded students, giving your group the opportunity to learn through travel and interaction
- High Quality Accommodation in hotels, hostels and home stays
- Experienced, bilingual programme manager
- Daily Meal Plan
- Private air conditioned coaches
- 24 hour emergency hotline and support from your programme manager
- An unforgettable visit to four counties; England, Holland, Belgium and France
- Find out how the Dutch cheese is made, how croissant are baked, what fish and chips taste like as well as much more
- Go back in time and try yourself at a medieval encampment, where swords are drawn and honour is earned only through victory
- Embark of culinary journey though mainland Europe
London & The Emerald Isle
- Immerse yourself into the local culture with a truly Irish homestay. Authentic meals and the famous Irish hospitality is guaranteed.
- Meeting locals and making lifelong friends
- A chance to try your hand at Irish national sports such as Gaelic football and hurling
- Learn the history of "The Troubles" Era in a Road to Peace lecture on the history of Northern Ireland.
- Parliamentary briefing at an iconic venue to see how British politics differ from your country's
- An interactive youth evening filled with exchange of ideas and discussion of differences to expand your understanding of British culture
- History of traditions and how they evolved over time
- Packed full of social events